Why? To recycle unused shoes so they don’t end up in a landfill and to raise money for Malawi Orphan Care Project.
Do they need to be new shoes? No. The condition of the shoes doesn’t matter; they can be new, falling apart or anything in between. We are collecting shoes, sandals, boots, athletic shoes….any footwear.
What happens to the shoes? The usable shoes will be sold to small business entrepreneurs in third world countries. The unusable shoes will be recycled. Nothing will be disposed of, everything will be used somehow.
Where can I donate them?
- Crowes Shoes, 56 N. Main Street, Mansfield, Ohio
- Elmcroft of Ontario, 2010 Walker Lake Road, Mansfield, Ohio
- First English Lutheran Church, 53 Park Ave. West, Mansfield, Ohio
- Lexington Church of the Cross, 236 Otterbein Drive, Lexington, Ohio
- NexGen, 99 Park Ave. West, Suite D, Mansfield, Ohio
- Primrose Retirement Community, 301 Millsboro Road, Mansfield, Ohio
- Wedgewood Estates, 600 S. Trimble Road, Mansfield, Ohio
If you have a significant number of shoes to donate and live within about an hour or so drive from Mansfield, Ohio, please contact us to see how we can collect them. Thank you!!!!